Saturday, March 8, 2008

Baby Fashion Show - 5 months old

This was an eventful week for our family. Thursday was our 9th wedding anniversary and we had our first babysitter (other than Grandma and Grandpa) so we could go out and celebrate. We just went downtown for dinner and drinks but it was nice to be able to go out as a couple again. Friday was Sophie and Mary's 5 month birthday. The girls have grown so much. Today I weighed both of them holding them and standing on our digital scale. So I had to weigh myself first and do the math to find the girls' weights. Sophie was 14.4 lbs and Mary was 15.2 lbs - big girl! The only drawback was that I had to see my weight, which I will not dare reveal! Let's just say I could stand to lose a few pounds.

The girls are fast outgrowing their 0-3 month clothes. We bought some onesies and pajamas the other day in a larger size. But today we got a package from Grandma Carol with lots of cute clothes for Mary and Sophie! So we had a baby fashion show to model a few select items. Sophie and I have played Baby Fashion Show before but not so much with Mary. So I started with Mary and could not resist the cute little pink sun dress with bloomers and a hat.

Mary in her bloomers!

Dressed Up Mary

Sophie was next to model, so I chose a green jumpsuit, so I could see if it would be too long for her. Just a bit - but she'll grow into it fast. It was cute but not as darling as the pink dress. I think Sophie had the same opinion so I had to dress her up like Mary (Grandma sent matching outfits).

Mom, come on! Why does Mary get the pretty dress?


OK - this is a start. I could just hang out in these bloomers.

Now Sophie is pretty, too!

Mary and Sophie all dressed up!

3 comments:

Carol and Harry said...

OOOO --- I need to go buy more!! I love the Baby Fashion show and I hardly recognize Mary -- her looks are changing. THey are sooooo
BEAUTIFUL -- I can't wait to see them. Love,Grandma

Aunt Tricia said...

AWWWW----They are just TOO precious! I just want to squeeze them--promise I won't hurt!!!! Loved the fashion show. Lisa, you are the BEST mom! Hope you're still planning on coming for Easter. Can hardly wait!
Love yall so much!
Aunt Tricia

franklin and aimee said...

They are just precious!!! So enjoyed the fashion show. Grandma's can really pick the now fashions. Your fun is just beginning!! Aimee and Franklin Freeman