Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, everyone! We are still in Georgia today and leaving early tomorrow morning to drive back to VA with the girls and the boys (dog boys, that is). Hopefully we will fit everything back in our rented minivan. We have all been having a great time this week. The girls have enjoyed being the center of attention. Especially Sophie. There's something about family gatherings that brings out the best in her.

We arrived Saturday afternoon and went out to dinner with my parents to my favorite restaurant in Forsyth - El Tejado. It took the girls a while to get settled in that night, and we did a little more traveling on Sunday, but I think after that they were right at home. Sunday we went to see Grandma Ilona in Atlanta. She's in Hungary right now with her mother - left on Monday. Peter's grandmother is not doing so well and is stubborn about doctors. We hope that his mom can get something resolved before she comes back home.

Monday night we went to Mema and Papa's house for dinner. Mema made enough to feed an army as usual and it was all delicious (also as usual). Mary ate until she couldn't hold herself up anymore. Tuesday we met Aunt Janis and our cousin Gini for lunch in Macon. That's my mom's side of the family - they had a get together on Sunday but we weren't able to make it down. Then, last night we had family over for Christmas Eve dinner, my dad's sister Tricia and her family, Russ and Mandy, Mema and Papa. I finally got the camera out and tried to take a few pictures. I've posted the only ones that came out decent. Not because of the subjects - but I took a few before I realized there was something on the camera lens. And also I'm probably the world's worst photographer, so I have a lot of blurry stuff.


Mary and Mom

Mandy and Russ


Sophie and Kadie


Sophie and her teddy bear - she was up way past bedtime!

1 comment:

Carol and Harry said...

What a wonderful Christmas!!! The girls' personalities are just blooming and they are soooooo precious. They really were good girls and did VERY well considering they stayed up past their bedtimes and nap times several days. We are SO proud of Lisa and Peter and the great job they are doing raising our grandchildren. I'm sure they miss their audience. We love you all, Mama and Daddy (aka, Grandma and Papa)