Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Joy of Painting

Sophie


You know the PBS show, The Joy of Painting, the one with the afro guy... it is still on the air. We catch it sometimes while flipping through with the remote and just have to pause for a moment, because it just has a calming effect. I think painting has the same effect on the girls as well. I've always wondered though, how many people do you think are out there watching that show with a canvas and a palette in their hand, following instructions as they paint along? Probably not many, but when I was a kid, I thought there must be a lot of people doing that.

Sophie has been "painting" for a while now, and would tell me that she is painting a girl or a boat among other things, but up until yesterday she has "painted" with Nutella or ketchup. So while shopping at Target yesterday, I thought picking up a couple 92 cent packs of watercolor would be a good idea. A few coloring pages printed later, and I had a couple of artists on my hands.


Sophie started with Spongebob


Mary painting Wubbzy


Mary displays her painting of Swiper the Fox


I think this hair looks much better than the guy from the painting show


another silly morning picture


and a lazy morning picture


just one of the random places where you might find Mary (note the tutu)



No comments: