Friday, August 24, 2007

28 weeks 3 days

It was hot today - I rarely say that here in Virginia. It's actually just 88 deg. but the heat index is 99. A great day to sit outside at an elementary school. Well that's what I was doing today, signing up parents to carpool. It wasn't that bad though since we were under a tent and I had my big water bottle. I brought the camera along and had one of the secretaries take my picture at the end of the event, since someone reminded me it's been a while since I've posted a picture of myself. :) Maybe next time I'll have a pic w/ Peter or a friend. I feel silly just posing for a picture w/ just me and my big belly. It's just whenever I think about it there's only one person around to take the picture.

She took a picture from both sides so she could get each twin in the picture. (It kind of looks like I have a twin - a big pregnant one...) But she's about right - they've each settled in on their own side now, although sometimes they kind of move over to one side and make me lopsided.



The other day I was walking to work and a lady pulled over and offered me a ride - I guess she thought I looked too big to be walking around. Nice gesture but a bit sad all the same. I'm ready for some pictures where I have a waist again!! They say breastfeeding burns 500 calories a day - maybe since I'll have 2 I'll get a jump start?? Oh well, I still have a couple of more months to grow and waddle around so not to get ahead of myself. I know... it will all be worth it!

1 comment:

Carol and Harry said...

I think you look great -- considering you are carrying two extra people around with you all the time -- I can't wait to meet them!!! love, Mama -- Can't wait to see you this Friday, too
Love you