Monday, August 27, 2007

Babies' First Shower

My friend Gwen hosted a shower for our girls this weekend at West Main Restaurant in C'ville. Just a small group of friends and co-workers but it was really nice - and the brunch there is delicious. I highly recommend the blueberry pancakes.

The girls got a lot of great gifts too! So that was fun, and Peter and I had a good time playing with the toys after I got back home. Our server took this shot of us. Going clockwise, these folks are Donna Shaunessey, Ann Whitham, Billie Campbell, Stacy Cooper, me, Gwen Miller and Rochelle Garwood. Most are co-workers except Donna, who is kind of a co-worker or maybe I should say "colleague," our friend Stacy, and Gwen (who used to be a co-worker too).

And I know I'm supposed to keep up w/ this for a baby book, so here's all the prizes I got for the girls:

Lots of onesies from 6-12 mos. - Donna
Burp cloths - Ann (she is also knitting a gift that will be here soon!)
Baby monitor - Billie
Bouncy seat - Stacy
Big box of baby supplies (or the "motherload" - lots of great stuff!) - Gwen
Baby Einstein sea turtle crib toy - Rochelle

Gwen really outdid herself w/ the shower and the great gifts. She's also busy these days b/c she just got married (soon to be Mrs. Goulder if she has not changed her name already), bought a house and started a new job. She's now an aide for special ed middle school kids and today's the first day of school. So we really appreciate her thinking of us. Wonder how she's doing today...

A book was in our big box of baby supplies - I think it's called "Worst Case Scenario" baby book or something. Gwen got it especially for Peter. I think he liked the book (well maybe not as much as the toys) but he said that it assumes he's a big idiot. I wonder where she got that idea?? I think we'll be OK, though. Now that we have the book, we know not to use a shoe as a pacifier or wash the babies in the toilet, for example. Really, we'll be fine.

No comments: