Monday, October 15, 2007

Still growing...

We are so ready for our little girls to come home! But all the same, we don't want them to come home too soon - they are still working on getting strong. Peter and I have a little feeding routine now. He checks Sophie's temperature, changes diaper, hands her to me to breastfeed then does the same with Mary. After we try breastfeeding a bit, each girl goes back to Daddy to get fed from a bottle. Sophie is a good eater, she eats pretty steadily and finishes her bottle with no fussing (like her dad). Mary is eating but takes her time and has to burp a lot (I admit - like her mom!). They are both making a little progress with breastfeeding. Sophie seems to have the hang of it lately, in fact, when I've passed her over to Daddy for the bottle she's tried to suck on him a couple of times. :)

The thing with breastfeeding is that you don't know how much milk they are getting, and that's something that's really important right now. But they are both getting mom's milk through the bottles with no formula supplement. So I am proud that I'm able to provide for my girls.

The real reason for this post is that my mom wanted to see a picture we have of Sophie with her little hat. So here's Sophie! We still have to get some pictures of her with her eyes open. We have just been keeping busy during our last few visits and have not taken any new pictures. We'll get on top of that.

No comments: