Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mary and Sophie's Portrait Adventure

Buy Digital Prints

Mary and Sophie

Now that the girls are 2 years old, we decided it was time to have some more pictures made at a portrait studio. I took them to Olan Mills (at K-Mart) on Monday at 4:00 PM. Perfect time - just after the afternoon nap - except they didn't take one! Only the second time in ever they have not had a nap all day. So I went expecting the worst.

They were cheerful, but very rambunctious and would not stay still one bit. Even so, the photographer (Albert) got a few good shots. He used to photograph stock cars as they were racing around the track, so a lot of experience there w/ trying to catch things in motion.

I selected one pose from these - the one w/ Mary standing up out of the chair and Sophie sitting on the floor. I thought it best captured their personalities. But now that I look at them again, I am not sure I made the right choice. We are going back for another round though - this time a late morning appointment, just in case. And we will be getting a haircut before that too - their hair is still not that long but a little unruly... maybe cutting it will help it grow more?

While the girls weren't cooperative, they were appreciative of Albert taking their pictures. After they got their jackets on and we were ready to go I asked them to thank Albert and tell him good-bye. Sophie ran towards him and said, "Bye, Albert! Hug!" and gave him a big hug. Then Mary had to give him a hug too.


Buy Digital Prints



Buy Digital Prints



Buy Digital Prints



Buy Digital Prints



Buy Digital Prints

Sophie was a little more cooperative and got some solo shots.

Buy Digital Prints



Buy Digital Prints

That's the one.

2 comments:

Carol and Harry said...

They are soooo precious!! i love the pictures --- Mary and Sophie in action!!! Love, Gammy

Gina said...

I think those photos turned out well. We just went on Monday, and the boys would not sit still for anything...we had a couple of good shots, but it was so difficult that Curby said, "I'm done." So we didn't get any photos in the Halloween costumes (I thought that was a stretch anyway). :)