Monday, June 4, 2007

Doctor's visit today

Today was a fun day - we finally got to meet with some of the ob/gyn team that will be handling the delivery of our babies. I'd been a bit concerned about not feeling any movement yet, but figured it was normal. Maybe Peter was more concerned. Anyway, it was normal, and we saw them on an ultrasound today, one kicking and one waving. Also listened to the heartbeats again. No pics since this was not a high-res ultrasound but it was kind of like an X-ray - we could see all their bones - looked like they're all in the right places to me. We won't be working with one doctor, which some people may balk at, but it's fine w/ me. We'll rather be working w/ a team of doctors all specializing in high-risk pregnancies. The Department Head met with us for a little while today and explained how everything works. We don't really care so much about building a "relationship" with our doctor - we just want to make sure that we have the best. So there to everyone that tells me I should go to Martha Jefferson Hospital instead of UVa. Oh well, we are just 17 weeks in so much more unsolicited advice is yet to come. Not that I don't appreciate it - folks mean well - I just listen selectively. :) I was also happy to find out that I have NOT gained too much weight. Peter did not take a belly picture this weekend - maybe we'll have one for next post.

In addition to the successful doctor's visit, I had a free bagel at work this morning and chocolate cake this afternoon. Thank goodness for Bill Wanner's birthday. I've always been excited about free food, but now my co-workers are encouraging me to eat... and eat more! Although once I got into that second piece of cake I had to stop halfway from the sugar rush - thought I was going to have a Beavis episode in the office.

No comments: