Friday, June 22, 2007

More on Peter's family

Peter has asked me to post some explanation on the picture of his family. He's also included a copy of the family tree - you should be able to click on the images to actually read the words, but I had to make the files pretty large for them to be legible.

Caveat: when a woman is married in Hungary her name becomes the man's name w/ "ne" on the end of his first name, which is actually listed in reverse order as we do here - so my name would be Dr. Horanyi Peterne.

The people I know in this picture are: Horanyi Kati (bottom left), aka Littomerczky Ferencne. Kati's daughter's family the Tyukasz family are there. Horanyi Judit aka Dr. Radvany Laszlone and her husband Dr. Radvany Laszlo are in top right. Others I can identify in the picture are Dr. Szonyi Viktor and Alexa and their family. Viktor is Judit's son in law. Racz Laci and Kata and their family, Szonyi Laszi and Gabi and their family both sitting. They are both Horanyi Andrea's family. Andrea I cannot see in this picture, but she must have been there since Lotz Tamas, her husband is in the very back. Marta Horanyi and her husband Snee Peter and their family are not in this picture. We were of course missing. I am attaching the family tree, just in case you want to add it. - Peter